Comments

The habit of continuously topping off the glass of the superior can have some funny side effects; I now start to wonder if that isn’t a cruel habit of subordinates trying to get back at their boss :-)

He must be too drunk that he could fall asleep in this “Bed”!

Sometimes, after office hours, many of them are so drunk that they talked really Loud with their” Red” faces! And even”polluted” the pathway after the drinking sessions.

Yeah, there are some pretty sorry sights to be seen, no doubt about it. In many ways though I see it as strangely positive, as regardless of how brief such inebriation may be, it still allows for some much needed stress release.

3. Christopher says

Was this by the Golden Gai in Shinjuku? I’m sure I walked by this guy, I think it was last weekend, either Saturday or Sunday.

No way. Yes it was. Same weekend. Same spot!

It was probably early afternoon when I was there. God knows what time he got up…

• Christopher says

I thought so! I had my camera in my bag, but didn’t feel like getting it out for some reason. Thanks for taking the photo!

4. Willy says

Ya wanna go have a few beers and a bit of a rave, but more often than not, I found in my time in Japan, some of them want to see you get want to get drop dead drunk on whiskey and other harder liquor things…
    I never really got it. I mean, how do you cement relationships by mutually turning each others’ nervous systems into jelly?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Having a good few drinks is great, but taking it to the levels that this fella clearly did, is another thing altogether.

Yeah, I noticed that too. For somebody so drunk, he somehow still mangaged to remain immaculately dressed.

5. Jeffrey says

What I always wonder when I see a picture like this is which is worse, the hangover or the fact that you passed-out dead drunk in a position that is sure to have resulted in extreme pain in more than one place once you wake up?