Comments

1. Coli says

Looks like an awesome place! I’ve always wanted to try one out. I live in a really rural part of kansai, so nothing like that. That guys face is priceless. Could be used in a commercial. :-)

It is. A very cool little place. One of my favourites. How far away is Osaka from you? Visited a few similar places there.

Quite a reaction, isn’t it? I’d like to know what the conversation was about.

Looked like they really had a bad day at the office! :-)
    Great location and the exposure was spot on, so easy to have a camera blow out the highlights and make the dark areas all grainy/noisy. I personally use the spot meter option of my camera to meter off a neutral area and lock the exposure, you must also have some trick up your sleeve

Yeah, one carried on long after too!

Cheers! Yeah, likewise. I try to lock the exposure on a fairly neutral spot and then focus. Well, time permitting of course.

3. Coli says

Lee I live about two hours from Osaka. I’m closer to Kobe, in a little place called miki. The fall festivals here are intense to say the least. Yamada nishiki sake is one of the more famous things this town produces. There is an event every year in March to celebrate the new batch of the year!

Ah, a little far for a few drinks then!

It must be a very different life there. In many ways a completely different Japan than Tokyo, I guess. But in its own way, no less interesting I imagine.

4. Marc Tobolski says

One of the things I love about Tokyo is that there are innumerable places such as this: Small, unassuming, unpretentious. And typically great prices.

Yeah, they really are wonderful on so many levels. Also add decent food and a friendly atmosphere to that list, and it’s hard to go wrong, isn’t it?

5. Squidpuppy says

That’s the classic “Dude, I don’t even know who you are anymore” look. Possibly related to the arguably semi-rude gesture the one fellow is making with his right hand?

Just out of curiosity, what does a plate of grilled chicken cartilage cost at places like this? What about a pint of beer?

Yeah, definitely a possibility, but after taking the picture I moved on, so not at all sure if it was a brief bit of anger or part of a longer story.

Hmm, it varies, but a stick of grilled chicken is generally somewhere around the 120-50 yen mark — depending on which bit of the bird and the place. And a big bottle of beer about 450-500 yen.